Design Lead – Pillowfort Games (September 2014 – May 2015)
Cardboard Kingdom is a class-based action brawler where you play as a child embarking to save the Cardboard Kingdom.
- Designed class-based combat mechanics each with a unique role fulfillment and play style
- Developed the game’s narrative, mechanics to reinforce it, and visual design to complement the narrative throughout the game
- Designed behavioral logic for enemies and bosses with documentation for programmers
- Planned levels with a focus on engagement curves through spatial layout, challenge, and achievement factors
- Iterated on game’s UI and thematic wrapping
User Experience Design